Hi! Welcome to Family Go Simple!
We are John and Joan, husband and wife, and we are the people behind Family Go Simple. We started blogging in 2008, writing about our family activities, happenings and experiences in our own blogs. They were simply our online diaries read by family members and friends. As more started reading our blogs, they soon became a great way to stay connected with friends especially those who were on the same journey as parents of young children.
As we blogged, we thought it was kind of funny for us to be writing in different blogs when we were doing everything in the family together! So in 2010, we decided to create Family Go Simple where we could blog together on simple activities that we do in the family from various perspectives; as a husband, as a wife, as a married couple, as a father, as a mother and as parents. As we explore homeschooling, indoor activities, outdoor trips and family life in the city, we hope to create a community of positive like-minded parents that will encourage and inspire everyone on their journey of engaging kids with simple activities.
Here Are 10 Things About Us!
- We were married on New Year’s Day in 2005.
- We have two lovely children. Julian was born in 2006 and Jeanne was born in 2009.
- We enjoy fun, healthy and engaging activities together as a family. We still enjoy the little things in life to recharge ourselves from time to time.
- We firmly believe that parents are the primary educators of their children, especially after completing our diploma course in Family Education together in 2008.
- While we subscribe to the Montessori Method in educating children, we also explore Charlotte Mason Method and Waldorf Education among others.
- Julian has been attending a Montessori school since 2008 but we are exploring homeschooling too.
- We are Catholics. Julian attends Catechesis of the Good Shepherd in church on Sundays, which is a Christian formation process for children aged 3 to 12 years old. The Catechesis is grounded in scriptural and liturgical study framed by Maria Montessori’s principles of education. We are two of the trained Catechists there.
- Jeanne enjoys a very good relationship with her brother Julian and she is a very attentive observer of what we all say and do.
- I am John and I have been a professional in the information technology industry since 2002. As much as I am fascinated with technology, I am passionate about family life and education. So it’s no surprise that I am the person behind anything technical for our websites.
- I am Joan and I was a staff nurse specialized in neurology and geriatric for 7 years before becoming a Stay At Home Mom (SAHM) in 2006 after the birth of Julian. I enjoy blogging, sewing, crafting, designing and creating fun stuff!
We love getting to know you and hearing your thoughts, so please post your questions, suggestions and comments. We want Family Go Simple to be an interactive experience for you, so you are most welcome to share a link to your blog or website with the community here. You are most welcome to link to us from your blog or website too!
If you like to contact us through email, you can just head to our Contact Us page.
We look forward to meeting you!
John & Joan
Family Go Simple